Tuesday, August 9, 2005

La Belle Province

Bonjour tout le monde!

I drove to an internet cafe an hour away from where I'm staying in Quebec. The family reunion was fun this past weekend. Apparently we have a goal of visiting as many people as we can before we head back for Ontario, so we have an average of three visits per day.

Here's a weird fact for you all. We went to Pizza Hut yesterday for dinner. I asked for my favourite, a Canadian stuffed-crust large pizza. That's pepperoni, mushrooms and bacon. The server (not "waitress," right Laura?) didn't know what I was talking about. I reviewed the menu and discovered that they call it "Une Pizza Quebecoise" ici. Weird, eh?

Au revoir. I'll be back in London late on Thursday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's with them and being anti-Canada? It's even known as "Canadian Pizza" in the US! argh! so annoying!

Jamie A. Grant said...

Actually, I have always found it difficult to find pizza places in the US that recognized what a Canadian pizza was.