Monday, November 14, 2011

The Challenge

I have three easy questions for you...
1. Do you want to improve your health?
2. Do you want to improve your finances?
3. Do you want to help someone else improve their health or finances?

Do you want to improve your health?
If you answered yes, then you already have a goal in mind. If you answered no, let me ask these additional questions...

  1. Do you want to eat more nutritiously?
  2. Do you want to lose weight?
  3. Do you want to tone your body or add muscle?
  4. Do you want to run faster, have more stamina, or do better at a sport?
  5. Do you want to lower your blood pressure or improve your cholesterol?
Do you want to improve your finances?
If you answered yes, then you already have a goal in mind. If you answered no, let me ask these additional questions...
  1. Do you want to pay off some debt?
  2. Do you want to quit worrying about bills?
  3. Do you want more emergency money in case your car breaks down or your home is flooded?
  4. Do you want to buy a car or a new home?
  5. Do you want to have a child or plan for their post-secondary education?
  6. Do you want to stay at home with your children instead of working and using daycare?
  7. Do you want to retire?
Do you want to help someone else improve their health or finances?
If you answered yes, then you already have someone in mind. If you answered no, then... come on, everybody knows somebody that they can help! ;)

Looking over these three questions, and then the smaller questions, makes it pretty clear that almost everyone is in the same boat. Perfect health and plenty of money aren't blessings that God just rains down on everybody. Even if our initial answer is "I'm healthy and I'm satisfied," we usually discover a slightly different answer if we dig a little deeper. And even if we honestly do have good health and enough money, then we can certainly help someone else with a few of their own goals, right?

There's a million ways that we can help our own situations and help other people. For me, one big part of the solution is ViSalus.  I tried the 90-Day Health Challenge and I dramatically improved my health. My entire family did the same thing. The ViSalus challenge gives the average person an easy way to save money on their grocery bills. And as a promoter, it really opened my eyes to see the opportunity and freedom that comes from working with friends to achieve our goals. It doesn't get any better than that!

So consider this my Challenge to you: Do you want to join me and improve your health, improve your finances and help other people do the same?

1 comment:

Cam Grant said...

I love the idea of helping others... that is if they allow it ; )