Thursday, July 21, 2005

People

I had a discussion last night with friends in my cell group regarding homelessness in London. I know two guys that have taken the initiative of taking bag lunches to give to homeless people while they chat with them. They have an idea to develop this into a church ministry but for now it's just these two 20-something guys. They're going into downtown London again on an upcoming Thursday at around 11:00 pm. If anyone wants to join us, get a hold of me. (And Abe, I do want to talk to you about this initiative to get your "expert opinion.")

I'm spending every morning this week at my church as a group leader for the daily kids camp (or DVBS) that we're running. I have 8 young guys in grades 5 and 6. I have pictures and stories that I might post later but for now you'll have to by satisfied with this picture from the church's website:

4 comments:

Abe said...

My 'expert' opinion is that you look very much like an elephant.

Jamie A. Grant said...

Thank you, Abe. I'm glad the headband-ears were obvious enough, even without a trunk. :)

This morning at kid's camp I had two eggs and a bucket of water poured on me during two different activities. Crazy fun.

Anonymous said...

aww! you're so pretty! ~L

Abe said...

Seriously though, I'd love to talk to these guys, feel free to forward them my contact info.