Saturday, January 15, 2005

Marketing and Movies

The Toronto Star had this article today about a church in a strip club. Now that's marketing!

And what about the new slate of movie releases that hit this weekend? It's killing me, I tells ya. My sister has always been my best movie partner but since she's in Toronto now I have to find a few other movie fans. Several of my friends tend to have select tastes so they don't want to see every movie that I want to see. I have to mix-and-match friends with movies.

Here are the top movies that I want to see, in order of importance:
Elektra
The Incredibles
The Life Aquatic
Coach Carter
In Good Company

Hotel Rwanda and The Million Dollar Baby would also make that list but neither of them is playing in London yet, much to my chagrin. So does anyone want to see a movie with me this week?

5 comments:

Aleah said...

Funny. I just saw Elektra like two hours ago. I must say, not a very good movie. Tattoo was cool. But, it just didn't do it for me. It could have had MUCH better actors and not be so......predictable. (I pretty much guessed everything from the beginning).

Aleah said...

Oh, and The Incredibles was pretty funny.

Jamie A. Grant said...

Oh, I'm fully aware of Elektra's suckage factor. I do own various Elektra comics, though, so I'm honour-bound to see the movie.

Abe said...

I thought the Life Aquatic was pretty good. Kind of Napoleon Dynamite humour, where it's not blatantly funny. One of those "you'll like it or you'll hate it movies". However, I'm not sure if you'd be a fan of some of the content.

Aleah said...

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree with ya Joel. I didn't think it was very good. I mean, it had some funny stuff in it, but it was so slow and it took 45 minutes to get into it and half way through I was so bored. Maybe that's because I was tired or something, I don't know. But maybe you'll still like it, Jamie!