Sunday, January 16, 2005

Pondering

Here are a few of the thoughts that I've been thinking about this week, though I didn't have enough material to make them into separate posts.

"Die before you die. There is no chance after." C. S. Lewis, Till We Have Faces, as read in Marvel's comic trade paperback Earth X.

"You don't just stop a bad habit. You have to replace it with a good habit." Rick Boyce, GTA, January 15 2004.

"To be a Christian is to say, 'I give me back to you, God.'" Rick Boyce, GTA, January 15 2004.

"Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible." 1 Corinthians 9, as I wrote about here and here in May 2004.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read a lot of classic lit. and "Till We Have Faces" is one of the best novels I have ever read. Is the comic you quote an interpretation of "TWHF" or is it simply quoting Lewis' book? If it is an interpretation I'll probably go out and pick it up.

-Dan

Jamie A. Grant said...

Heh. No, Dan, it's used as a reference about sacrificing yourself for the sake of others. It's a straight-up superhero comic, after all. It's a well written book but that's just a simple quote, nothing more.