Sunday, August 14, 2005

Congratulations and Stuff

Congratulations to Abe and Melissa on the birth of their son Benjamin Roderick Oudshoorn. Isn't he a cutey?





Congratulations to Mike on his new job. He'll be heading off to the city of Incheon in South Korea as soon as he can and he'll be away for the next year or so teaching English.

Congratulations to the Timmermans, who have purchased a new house in northern London. They're very busy with open houses to show their current home as they prepare to sell it, as Jevant writes here.

Richard has submitted five of his poems to the Christian poetry site http://www.myujamaa.org. Keep an eye on that site and they should be publishing his work this coming week.

Here's a random bit from a recent magazine. I've always said that it takes a tremendous amount of skill to be able to scream (sing) for certain types of songs without destroying your vocal chords. My friend Calvin can certainly pull it off for his band Exodus in Peril, which is preparing their first CD. The magazine article was about a woman named Melissa Cross, who is a vocal instructor that teaches proper screaming techniques. She even has a new DVD out to teach her techniques. Weird, but cool.

And finally, I have a couple of pictures from my trip to Quebec this past week for my family reunion, which are available on this page of my photo website. The following picture is from a site trip that we took into Maine in the United States.


4 comments:

Mike said...

Maine? You didn't run across any rabid dogs, evil clowns, haunted Indian graveyards, aliens, or crazy midget doctors weilding a scalpel, did you?

Sorry, everything I know about the state of Maine comes from Stephen King.

Aleah said...

Calvin Harrison??

Jamie A. Grant said...

Yes, Aleah, Calvin Harrison. He's in my cell group and I've known him since he was a wee lad. Do you know him?

Aleah said...

I sure do. Well, not "know" him, but I went to high school with him. I'm not sure if he would know my name or anything. I saw his band play at my friend's party back in high school. He's a good guy.