Thursday, August 4, 2005

Family Fun

I'm leaving right after work today (August 4) to drive my mom et ma grandmama down to Quebec. We're taking a week to go there for a family reunion. Apparently we're aiming for a small town called Saint-Magloire that's about an hour and a half southeast of Quebec City. And when I say small, I mean tiny. It has a population of around 700 people, as this article explains.

I haven't been in Quebec since I went there by train with my mom et ma grandmama when I was a young child. I only have two memories of that trip. My first memory is getting money for a bag of peanuts on the train, which I thought was very cool at the time. And at the family reunion, someone handed me a hat and told me to go around asking my relatives for money, thus encouraging me towards my future career goal of professional panhandling.

Seriously, though, I expect that I will have a lot of fun. Vive la francais! See you in a week.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why does our family all seem to come from nowhere, hicksville? ;-) Anyways, like I told you before, have a fun and safe trip. I wish I could be there...actually, I really don't. (But don't tell anybody.) It would be a really, really boring French week for me - that, and well, exams take precedence I suppose. See ya! ~L

Aleah said...

July 4? I didn't know you can travel back in time! You can make a lot of money on that

Jamie A. Grant said...

Bah! I have corrected the erroneous date reference. I'm not God, I make no pretense of controlling time. However, I did finish reading a collection of short stories about time travel yesterday and boy, do I feel inspired...

Abe said...

On an unrelated topic, how are you getting the pictures on your blog? I want to put up pictures of baby Benjamin, but the "add picture" icon is actually a picture, rather than a working icon.

Jamie A. Grant said...

Abe, if you click on the pictures that I post, you'll be redirected to my Photo Web Site. It's on MSN Communities. It's easy to set up an account that handles your online pictures easily as long as you have a hotmail address.