Sunday, December 11, 2005

Humility & Humiliation

I wrote about humility this past week and now it's time to write about humiliation. Last night was opening night for our Christmas presentation at my church. I have a solo and it went flawlessly. Tonight, not so much.

My solo is for the song O Little Town of Bethlehem, which we all know so well. I have the first verse to myself, so let's see how it goes...

O little town of Bethlehem
How still we see thee lie
Above thy deep and dreamless sleep
The silent stars go by
Yet in...la lananana
The everlasting light
The hopes and fears of all the years
Are met in thee tonight

Yep, that's how it goes. *sigh*

7 comments:

Aleah said...

hhahaha awww poor Jamie. But that's still hilarious! Good on ya!

Abe said...

HA! It's funny on American Idol...it's funnier here. Sorry, I agree with Aleah. I'm sure everyone still loved it though, forgetting the words doesn't alter the fact you have an amazing voice.

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahaha. :D

An amazing man (Brother Robert.. I'll tell you about him one day) once said: "humiliation is the fertilizer for humility". So in submitting to the work of the Holy Spirit, much good can come out of it.

Battle said...

hahaha

solnechko said...

darkness shineth?

:( haha... whoops - poor jamie! what did you do afterwards?

Jamie A. Grant said...

Fertilizer, eh? Well, something sure stunk. Heh. And yes, Andrea, I am aware of who Brother Robert is. Your sister linked to some of his sermons on her blog.

Shona, I managed to get back on track after forgetting that one line.

And for the record, my solo went smoothly on Monday night. Thank God.

solnechko said...

Haha... wouldn't THAT have been something, eh? You forget the same line... or even another line... two nights in a row? :S Well I'm glad it went well afterwards. I heard the song on the radio today and it made me smile.