Saturday, December 3, 2005

Last Week & Next Week

This past week was pretty brutal. Christmas choir practice was fine, hanging with my Little is always fun and I even got together with E* for an impromptu lunch. Even so, my entire week was overshadowed by one major event at work.

My best "work friend" resigned this past week, completely out of the blue. He's moving on to a better job that will definitely work out nicely for him. For me, though, it was like an emotional sucker punch. I've worked quite closely with him for more than three and a half years. We bounce ideas off of each other as we develop our code and we tend to think alike regarding our approaches to software design. More than that, I always played him two games of chess every day at work and we have even hung out a few times outside of work.

I've had this black cloud about me ever since I found out about it, which is uncharacteristic of me. I was actually a little surprised at how deeply this effected me but as I said, I'm sure things will themselves out. Good times we had, good times.

My focus for the upcoming week is my Christmas production at my church. I've been practising with my Christmas choir since early October and pay off is coming next weekend. We have six days for everyone to come and see our free presentation. It falls on Saturday-Sunday-Monday on December 10/11/12 and December 17/18/19, at 7:00 pm every night.

The play was written from scratch and directed by one of our church members and the music was arranged and recorded by our worship leader. I've seen the early versions of the whole production and it's pretty funny. It relates to the story of Mary and Joseph but this year it's told from the point of view of the shephards. Aaron and Derrick Ross play two central roles as shephards and since they're brothers in real life, their bickering and relationship comes off as both hilarious and believable. (Plus, Tara is in it!) I'm sure everyone will enjoy it.

As for me, I do have a solo for one of the songs. On the whole, the songs fit quite nicely into the play and a couple of them will have a nice emotional impact. I hope y'all decide to take one night to come out and enjoy yourselves.

3 comments:

solnechko said...

tara's hilarious. "your body glistens like butter when you run" HA. Oops, I hope Richard doesn't read that!

Hmm... as much as I'm a bah-humbug, I will try to make it out. is it free?

:)

Jamie A. Grant said...

Yeppers, it's completely free. If'n people come for the second weekend, it will probably be a full house so I recommend arriving early.

solnechko said...

grab a good seat, get some popcorn...