Sunday, September 30, 2007

Our Engagement


As Cam wrote about here, we recently became engaged and I gave Cam the engagement ring on September 10th, 2007. Cam took the two pictures above and below herself. The ring itself is a platinum band with a knife-edge cut and the diamond is a brilliant one. It compliments Cam's hand perfectly and I am very happy that I was able to select this ring with her help. This ring is the promise of our future together and I can hardly wait until we are married... I love this woman!




On Saturday September 20, 2007, my parents hosted a Bonfire & BBQ at our home to celebrate our engagement. We had about fifty people arrive at different times in the evening, some of whom were meeting Cam for the first time. My parents organized everything, my brother cooked up the succulent meat and Cam's mother Kim prepared Vietnamese springrolls from scratch. Everyone loved the food and since there were so many people from so many different social circles, there were plenty of new faces to see and all kinds of interesting conversations.

(Note: Most likely, Cam and I will host our own engagement party during the winter/spring. This was much more of a spur-of-the-moment thing that was planned the previous weekend.)


Later on in the evening, we relocated from the deck and inside the house to the bonfire in the lower field. The last time we did this, we had a lower deck on our house and the steep walk down the hill to the bonfire was somewhat treacherous. However, my parents tore out that bottom porch a couple of weeks ago and built a really long staircase, so the walk down was much more pleasant this time around.


Many thanks to everyone that came last night. The congratulations and card and gifts were much appreciated. It was a lot of fun for me to get the chance to see everyone and let you share in our happiness. And for more pictures, please see the next blog post.

P.S. Have I mentioned how much I love Cam?

2 comments:

solnechko said...

the steps were beautiful... the whole property is beautiful... i hope it will work out for you guys to marry there. that would be so cool. another highlight of the later part of the evening was watching cirque du soleil stunts on you tube.

Jamie A. Grant said...

Thanks for the compliments about the house, that's all to my parents' credit for their hard work this past summer.

Ah, and it was you watching Cirque, was it? It was still running when I opened my laptop later that night and I thought my Little was watching that...