Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Easter Invite

My church is having a special musical play for Easter this year. We do something similar every Christmas and I've been involved with that as a choir member and soloist for the past two years. This is the first time that my church has done it for Easter, though.

I'm playing percussion with the band for this musical play, which is called "This Is My Story." I've been practicing with the band for the past month and a half but I saw the entire play as a whole for the first time this past weekend. It's powerful and emotional. Rather than one main plot line, there are four characters from the Bible that have monologues. They talk about what it was like to see what happened to Jesus when he was crucified. They look back on the impact that Jesus had on their own lives and they reflect on who they were without him. And at the end...oops, I guess I shouldn't spoil the ending. Suffice it to say that Good Friday is not the end of the story. :)

As far as the music goes, we don't have a choir and we're not using hymns or carols, like we do at Christmas. In fact, one of the songs that we're doing is "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" by U2. So musically we've been having a lot of fun with it. And did I mention that we have some cool stage effects as well?

You all are invited to come for one of the three performances this coming weekend. Take a look at the church's calendar. There's a performance on Saturday April 15th at 7:00 pm. There are two more on Easter Sunday at 9:30 am and 11:30 am. If you're coming, we recommend arriving about a half hour early since we expect it to be a packed house.

On a completely different note, Elyse has her new blog up here. How many different blogs and websites has she created over the past few years? I remember five different sites. Does anyone remember if she had any more than that? :)

3 comments:

Elyse said...

Hahaha, I don't know if it's been 5, but I know there have been a few of them. But not to worry, I'm not jumping around for a while now.

P.S. Thanks again for dropping those books off! :)

Lori said...

This musical play was totally awesome! Loved the U2 song, and of course the other music as well. Jamie was especially vivacious near the end, which was most endearing. Thanks for the invite, I look forward to the next one!

Jamie A. Grant said...

Elyse, I do count five. Two blogger sites, one with several friends, one MySpace blog and one website with popup ads.

Lori, I'm glad you and Cam were able to make it this weekend. And you sat in the front row, no less. I'm glad you liked it, I know that I had a lot of fun.