Saturday, June 10, 2006

Pieces of Me

To follow up on this post, I thought that I would dissect myself a bit.

Personality Trait: Introvert
Good: Rarely bored, introspective, independant.
Bad: Can seem anti-social, difficult for others to understand need to be alone.
Softening the Edge: Avoid being a hermit, actively spend time with others.

Personality Trait: Self Control
Good: Even-tempered, unlikely to explode.
Bad: Can seem like a lack of passion, appreciation or concern.
Softening the Edge: Learning to express myself more.

Personality Trait: Patience
Good: Perservering, helpful during arguments, useful when teaching.
Bad: Sometimes allows me to spend months pursuing a dumb decision.
Softening the Edge: What, I need to learn to be impatient sometimes?

Personality Trait: Trusting (Optimistic)
Good: Always assume good motivation in others for their actions.
Bad: Can be naive. Can be too open about private matters.
Softening the Edge: I've been burned before, now try to be more wise. Was taught the importance of private matters and their effect on others involved.

Personality Trait: Turtle (Cautious, Dislike Change, Plan Carefully)
Good: Detail-oriented, well-laid plans.
Bad: Not much of a visionary, hesitant.
Softening the Edge: I have learned the necessity of teamwork. My boss is a visionary. Combine those strengths with mine and it has effective results.

Personality Trait: Strong Leadership
Good: Decisive, commanding, get things done.
Bad: Can be too goal-oriented, get to the ends by any means.
Softening the Edges: The method does matter, people's feelings do matter. Leading the youth worship team showed me the importance of compliments and encouragement, of getting others to take more responsibility.

No comments: