Monday, November 13, 2006

Facebook & Failing

The count down has begun. Only three more weeks until I leave AV-BASE, the only company I've worked for in this chosen career of mine.

I got sucked into facebook.com a few weeks ago, quite by accident. I have a blog, a photo website, a mySpace site and a few other miscallaneous "social" sites. I like to set them all up just to make it easier to find me on the internet.

I'm impressed with facebook so far, though the interface is a mess. It's the new mySpace. I was already aware that university students tended to use facebook but high schoolers still prefer to use mySpace, from what I can tell. MySpace is better in that it offers your own URL and you can music samples and videos. Facebook is handy because it shows you all of the latest changes from your friends so it's easy to keep up to date.

Shout out to Ashleigh and her blog. She recently joined my cell group and is in the Christmas choir at church with me. Nice girl, she fits in well with our weekly group.

More Beef For Your Buck: Steve relates his experiences with the double-beef Big Mac - that's right, it had a total of 8 patties. He compares it to the triple-pattie bascon cheeseburger from Harvey's. He has a lot of nice stomache-churning details.

Congrats to all of my various licence-toting friends. Alma got her G2 licence last week and Joel Terry got his G1 licence last week. Catharina Terry got her G1 last month as well. Joel was always a little freaked out when I allowed Tara or Catharina to drive my van when we were all packed in there. Now the gas pedal's on the other foot and we'll see how he does.

Point of triva: I actually failed my first G test back in the day. I was still in Wawa at the time, one month before I moved down to London. In Wawa, the testers have to come in from Sault Ste. Marie so they only come once a month for a single day. There were no street lights in Wawa and there were no four-lane roads. It was the easiest test ever, and I didn't even do highway driving because the only two-lane highway out of town was under construction. And the main reason that I failed the first time? I didn't turn my head to look both ways while driving through intersections, though I did move my eyes to look both ways. Thankfully, I took my test again one week before I came to London and I passed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sucker, I didn't even do a test to earn my G. You know the story but I thought I'd just rub your face in it a little more. Love it. L.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jamie!

Thanks for the shout-out dude! Much obliged! Posted again just now if you feel like a read.

FTR: You're a pretty decent guy yourself and our group would be missing a very important link without you.

God bless.

Anonymous said...

wow thats a long blog i'm sad but happy for you congrat and don't eat a triple big mac unless you let your stomach go wider than it need to be Tara