Tuesday, November 7, 2006

My Life at AV-BASE: Part III

It has been more than seven years since I first joined AV-BASE Systems and now it's time for me to go. I have submitted my resignation and I will be leaving near the end of November to help found a new company. I wanted to give all of you a letter explaining how much I have loved being with this company all these years, and explaining why I am leaving. You can feel free to talk to me about all of this as well.

My Life at AV-BASE: Time To Go

I am helping to found a new company that will help disabled people, a company named the Justice Financial Group (JFG). In brief, we provide all kinds of help and support, both financial and personal, to people that seriously injured in accidents. We want to step in if these people or their families are unjustly denied their rightful insurance benefits after they experience a disabilitating accident or death.

It's amazing how often this situation happens to people and we want to be there to do what we can. You can feel free to ask me for more details personally but suffice it to say we hope to have a major impact in people's lives.

I am helping found JFG with a few other people that I know from church. One of these people is actually in this type of situation right now and through his experiences this new company was born. I will be joining as Director of Application Development, which is a lot like my current role at AV-BASE. I will be responsible for creating the software infrastructure to support all of this. Our eventual goal is to help hundreds of people across North America get what they are rightfully owed and let them and their families lead fulfilling lives in spite of the disabilities.

As a note, my exact date of departure is still unclear. Due to the vagaries of starting a new company, I will probably be leaving sometime between November 20th and December 1st. AV-Base management has been kind enough to permit me some flexibility regarding my final date.

Thanks for reading my retrospective of my life and my years at AV-BASE. I will always look back fondly on my time at AV-BASE and I wish the company and everyone the best. I hope that AV-BASE continues to grow in every way and that WinAir continues to be effective all around the world.

So long and thanks for all the fish!*

My Life at AV-BASE: Part I
My Life at AV-BASE: Part II

*Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

2 comments:

Lori said...

Don't worry Michelle. I can give you blatant honesty. LOL. This comment is so sweet Michelle. I'm still mourning in silence ; - )

Anonymous said...

Hey Jamie,

Just wanted to stop by and say a couple of things...First, best of luck to you in this new job. I'm sure it will be quite an adventure, and I have no doubts whatsoever that you, and everyone involved with this new company, will have an immeasurable impact on the lives of many.

Secondly, I just wanted to say that I really enjoy reading your blogs. They are very insightful, and I always leave with new thoughts to ponder.

My blogs are nowhere near as interesting...LOL, but if you're ever bored, feel free to swing by and have a read.

http://www.myspace.com/insidemylife

Take care. I'll be praying for you as you start your new job.

God bless,

-Ashleigh