Thursday, April 5, 2007

Peterborough Road Trip

This past Monday and Tuesday, I went on a road trip to Peterborough, Ontario with my sister. We were celebrating the end of her school years by visiting our old town. We lived there for four and a half years, sometime around 1990, whilst my dad attend Bible College there. I was in French Immersion for Grades 4 - 8 and part way through Grade 8 we moved to Wawa for my dad's first pastoring gig.

I already posted all of the below pictures, and others, on facebook.com, so if you're not on there then you might want to join the party. This first picture is in front of our old house on Langton Street. The second shows the hill near our house that we used to tobaggan frequently.


This next picture shows me recreating a race that I had with my arch-nemesis during junior high. That guy kicked my butt and bruised my ego pretty nicely that day. The second picture shows me in front of Edmison Heights, which is where I spent Grades 4 through 6.


We visited Riverview Zoo as well, which was a twenty minute walk from our old house. It's a unique zoo because it's open to the public for free, so you can just walk through the place.

Riverview Zoo includes an extensive playground area. Big kid that I am, I have several pictures from our time there.




Along the way through town, we stopped at the old Bible College, Eastern Pentecostal Bible College (EPBC). This college has since closed down and mvoed to Toronto but I still have many fond memories of the place.



I have a few more random pictures from downtown Peterborough and from our visit to the famous Lift Locks.



And finally, here's one last picture from our visit to Warsaw Caves. The place was closed for the winter season due to snow and ice. That made it rather treacherous but we braved the hike just to get a few good pictures.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Where can I get me a rocking chair like that?

I bet that would put Brooke to sleep!

Love the cave shot.