Friday, October 7, 2005

Grand Friends and Fathers

Calvin Harrison's band, Exodus in Peril, is having a concert tonight at GTA. The rumour is that they're video taping the show with four cameras for a concert DVD later. I'm still waiting for the release of their full CD but maybe they'll have a single or something for sale tonight. It starts at 7:00 pm and it costs $6.00. I'll be there for the concert, which may be opened by Chasing Arcadia, and then I'll probably head over to Open Doors for the rest of the evening.

Psst! I hear the my little sister has a retro post up. (Sorry, no link.) Just for the record, she thinks that I'm "a strange little man." I consider it a high compliment. Of course, my mom mockingly pointed to that as a factor that keeps the girls away. Bah, I say! I have fun being a little weird and in being a dorky older brother. I'm sure someone will appreciate me for who I am.

My grandfather (my dad's father) is visiting us this week for the Thanksgiving holiday. He just had a pacemaker put in and his health is great, so this is the first trip that he has made in a long while. It's also the first trip he has made without my grandmother in decades so we're very happy to have him here with us for the week.

My dad, my brother and I played Pay the Man with him last night. My dad and my grandfather each won a game but I attribute that to the fact that my brother was sitting to their left for each of their wins, accidentally feeding them all the cards that they needed.



And this next picture has immediately become one of my favourites:



P.S. As always, click on the pictures above to visit my picture web site.

2 comments:

Aleah said...

Chasing Arcadia is at New Hope tonight actually!

And "bah" is so my word!

Nice pictures, Jamie!

solnechko said...

Haha...
You can try and be normal if you don't ever want to have fun...