Sunday, August 6, 2006

Camp Pics

The young adults from Open Door Christian Fellowship went to Elora Gorge from July 13th to July 16th. It was a lot of fun and I would have mentioned it here before but I just got a hold of a few pictures from that weekend, thanks to Mike Mordas. Andrea organized most of the details and I didn't have to do anything but go along for the ride. I found the whole weekend to be quite relaxing, which I needed.

Does anyone have another stash of digital pictures from that weekend? I would like to get a hold of a few more, if possible. There's also a quick video clip that we saw recently that went around the circle at the campfire while we were playing worship music. Does anyone know who I can ask for a copy of that? Anyway, here are a set of the best pics that I have without any captions...








My distant cousin Christopher is visiting my family for the month of August, fresh from Quebec and almost completely unilingual. The only English that he knows is from school so he's getting immersed this month in the English language and Ontario culture. I loved Elora Gorge and tubing down the river so much that I'm going back there this coming weekend with Chris.

If anyone wants to join us, send me an e-mail or call me. I'm planning on leaving London at around 6:00 pm this coming Friday and coming back early on Sunday. Everyone will bring their own food because I don't want to be responsible for another camping trip. (Heh.) The major event will be tubing on Saturday.

That's all for now. I'm off to watch a quadruple feature at the drive-in tonight with Chris and my siblings.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodness Golly Gee Geronimo. I don't know if I have the vegetative like qualities necessary to watch 4 movies in a row. (Let alone four C-listed movies.) Does Mustang have WiFi? L

Jamie A. Grant said...

No, there's no WiFi. You pack pillows and take along a pizza and snacks. It's the main event in the life of a couch potatoe.

And c-listed? Bah! Click and Ricky Bobby are the two big comedies of the summer. I'll watch Monster House just because I like animated movies and it's first. The only movie I don't care about is Little Man, so I may sleep through that.

Aleah said...

Click was actually pretty good. I got choked up in the end, which is weird for an Adam Sandler movie! Ricky Bobby looks good though. Must see!

Jevan said...

oh wow.

4 in a row? And aren't 3 of those almost identical movies (ie - the 3 not called "Monster House"?).

Click looked okay, Monster House looked okay for its genre...and Little Man and Ricky Bobby looked absolutely awful. I did not find Anchorman funny, and Ricky Bobby looks 10 times worse.

*shudder

Maybe I've just lost some of my movie crazeness. Or maybe I've been watching different movies recently.

Just watched Demolition Man and Broken Arrow for the first time recently. High quality films there.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Camping was so much fun! Glad you came Jamie.