Friday, March 23, 2007

Biggest Box Office Star Ever

I was randomly reviewing some of my older blogs and I came across this post. In it, I explained that Samuel L. Jackson had just taken over first place in the list of all-time box office revenues for movie stars. Harrison Ford was previously at the top of that list thanks to things like Indiana Jones. Sam's work with the second Star Wars trilogy had pushed him over the top.

Out of curiousity, I went to see the current list, which you can see here. It seems that Tom Hanks has leap-frogged over Harrison Ford, mostly due to the success of The Da Vinci Code and the fact that Ford is an old man now. There's something even more shocking, though: The new number #1 box office star of all time.

Can you guess who it is? It's... Frank Welker. Now there's a household name. Can you name his biggest hit during his career? Perhaps Star Wars or some sort of trilogy? Nope, not even close. It's The Lion King. Heh. He's an actor that mostly does voice work for animations. They must have added him to this list recently et voila, all of his animationed films tally up to almost five billion dollars in revenue. That's more than a billion dollars ahead of SamL's total. Crazy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.