Saturday, March 10, 2007

Engagements & Other News



Finally, at long last, I managed to get some pictures of Tara with her new engagement ring. That's right! In case you haven't heard the good news, Richard officially proposed to Tara a few weeks ago while they were visiting Niagara Falls. They first met while they were camp counselors at Circle Square Ranch. They started dating shortly thereafter and almost four and a half years have now passed. The final wedding date has not been set yet but they'll announce that once they can confirm it. I love both of them dearly and I wish them the best.

In other news, I hosted my second poker fundraiser on Friday March 9. As I mentioned before, I had a more expensive poker fundraiser the previous Sunday. (And just to rub it in, I beat Joel down in a head-to-head match at the end of that one.) We had seven people at the first one and thirteen of us at this second one. It was a little tight to have us all in a single game but I really didn't want to split the group up and it ended up working out. For my part, I was the first person gone. Anyone care to rub that in?

Once again, it was a great crowd. We had good food, odd musical selections and fun competition with both newbies and regular players. Terry & Gina duked it out and they actually came away with both second and first place prizes, in addition to all of the buy-in money that went to them. I'm glad it worked out so nicely and they can put that money towards their wedding this summer.

As for my two most recent blog posts (here and here), my thanks to everyone that read the story. I was astounded to see the different interpretations that people offered. I'm really impressed by what you all wrote and it was really interesting to see how people looked at my words from other points of view. Fascinating.

5 comments:

Lori said...

Congrats Tara!!!!!!!!!
Jamie I read your blog posts but I couldn't get the time to respond or even think too much about it due to the extremely demanding appetite of my child.

I did find the story interesting though and still think you should consider seriously writing some children books, that can have both a message that's simple to interpret for the child, and a deeper interpretation for the parent reading it.

Abe said...

Congratulations as well from myself and Melissa to Tara and Richard. Good times.

Ashleigh said...

Congrats Tara and Richard! I know that God will truly bless the both of you as you begin your new lives together. I wish you every happiness.

Tara, I have only known you for a few short months, but I have truly come to love you.

God bless!

Tara White said...

yay thank you for writing such wonderful things. thanks for the cards and encouragment. i hope to see you all soon thanks Lori for the card and giftcard it means alot.thanks Jamie for being such a great friend and(best man)abe ahliegh thanks for your encouraging words

Cam said...

Congratulations Tara :D !!!
Awesome news about your engagement :) You deserve absolute happiness! lol You've had that smile on your face everytime you talk about getting married. Cute pics.