Monday, September 19, 2005

Congrats, Welcome and Freaky Fish

Congratulations to the Timmermans, who sold their house last week and will be moving into the new house this coming weekend on Friday afternoon and Saturday. I'll be bringing my van and helping out on Friday night. If anyone wants to join in the fun, go ahead and contact them. (Joel, Elyse)

Welcome back, Jillian. Jillian Pierce has returned after several years in a foreign land and she is back in London again on a permanent basis. She has started her first year of nursing at Fanshawe. I know way too many around my age that are becoming nurses these days. My count's up to 5 now, I think.

As a reminder, I'm inviting guys over to my house from 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm this coming Sunday for poker and pizza. Get a hold of me if'n you want to join us.

In weird news, how about this freak fish? That's a great picture.

In other news, there was a study done that suggests that people that keep their emotions in check during upsetting events tend to have poor memory of those events. There were some times growing up that I remember as being pleasant while my brother remembers them as much darker. Our temperaments used to be fairly polarised. While I am aware of my emotional state during stressful times, I usually try not to act out of emotion. My brother used to have a classic red temper. I wonder if our dispositions effected our memory fo the same events.

6 comments:

Mike said...

If the news article is correct, the study just implies that if you're concentrating on controling yourself, you're concentrating less on the actual events. Which seems kinda obvious.

Anonymous said...

seriously? you just had to show the disgusting bug didn't you? ew. next time, save it. ~L

Amanda said...

Am I included in the count of young people you know that have become nurses? Anyway yeah for more nurses, and by the way we are looking for more in Wawa if anyone wants a job.

Cheers,

Amanda said...

Ooops, yeah = Yay!

M.W.O.G. said...

That memory thing makes sense in a way. I remember being a quiet, pleasent, China-doll faced innocent little girl. Aparently, years later, the "I don't know who did it" Monster was me. My poor brother got blamed for everything cause he was so curious and I was so darn quiet (wouldn't believe it now, would you?). Although he did tend to get into more precarious situations than I, I was part of some of those in a sneakier manner. Teehee...
P.s. Oh yeah, I've written a new blog!

Jamie A. Grant said...

Yes, Amanda, you are included in my count. Besides you, there's my brother, Abe, Ben and Jillian. Plus several more people that I know from church.