Sunday, May 8, 2005

Siblings

I've been studying some of my old journals and notes lately from years ago. It's interesting to read about the things I was going through back in the day, especially since I only vaguely remember how important those things were for me at the time.

I have one set of notes from early in the year 2000, though I'm not sure about the exact date. I had some observations about my relationship with my sister. I said that "I've built up a friendly relationship with her, but hardly a close one..."

I was writing about my relationship with both of my siblings and observing some things, asking how I could develop a better relationship with them both. These days, I consider my sister to be one of closest friends. I can barely remember a time when we weren't close but apparently that was the case as recently as five years ago. We've has come a long way, eh?

I thank God, my siblings and my parents for the relationships of love and friendship that I have with each member of my family. I pray that my friendship with my father, mother, sister and brother would continue to deepen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*tear* and I'm thankful for your diligence in keeping notes and records all these years...it's a good insight into the world of Jamie. I'm also thankful for our ever deepening friendship which I attribute to age and maturity on both our parts and also to the fact that I just like you a whole lot! ~L