Friday, May 20, 2005

Speaker's Corner

I heard a story on the radio yesterday during a broadcast of a sermon from a local church...

There was a man who visited Speaker's Corner here in London, Ontario. "They say that there is a God in heaven," he began, "But I can't seen him. They say that the son of God is alive, but I can't see him. They say that God does amazing miracles, but I haven't seen them." The man continued with his speech as a crowd began to gather. He pursued his points one by one, becoming more passionate as he went. "If I cannot see God," he concluded, "Then logically I cannot believe in him!" He finished with a scattering of applause from the group nearby.

An older man then came forward accompanied by someone else and he stepped up to the camera. He began, "They say that there is a sun in the sky that gives light to the entire world. They say that there is a moon that gleams ever night, hanging above us. They say that there are stars that twinkle in the distance. I, however, cannot them. You see, I am blind."

And with that the old man stepped away from the camera and back into the crowd.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Not to be a curmudgeon or anything, but there's not really any substantial to that story. It's the type of feel good anecdote that makes people smile warmly on Sunday morning.

Jamie A. Grant said...

Sure, I do not disagree. So by all means, tell us a story that makes you smile warmly.