Friday, November 11, 2005

I Remember

On this day, I remember the sacrifice of those before me. Those who fought and defended our country and other countries in need. Those who dedicated their lives for those of us that enjoy our freedom today.

When my grandfather came to visit us this past Thanksgiving, we went to visit the Royal Canadian Regiment Museum here in London. I went there along with my grandfather, my dad, my sister, the three South Korea boys and my Little Brother.

My grandfather was stationed here during the early 1950's and he fought for Canada during the Korean War. That link will give a little more information, as displayed on the RCR Museum website. The museum had relics and models of various wars in Canada's past along with some video presentations, books and displays of medals. It was an emotional visit for my grandfather and a good experience for me and my Little. The fact that we had three kids with us from South Korea was significant as well.

I want to thank my grandfather, Angus Grant, for everything he did for Canada, for Korea and for what he has done for me and my family. Thanks, Grandpa.

No comments: