Sunday, September 17, 2006

CD Release: Now and Then


GTA Praise Band
NOW AND THEN

Today is the official release date of the new worship CD that I recorded with my band from church throughout this past June. This album includes four old hymns, a few popular songs from the past two decades and a few brand new songs. All of them are done in our own unique way, so expect plenty of drums and electric guitars (though we did sneak in a men's choir at one point).

I played percussion and/or sang backup vocals for all of the tracks. I used a variety of shakers, the congas and a few other percussive instruments. And any time you hear a tambourine behind the main set of drums, that's me. I sang backup tenor for most of the songs and I sang bass for one song as well. My thanks to Tim for his technical wizardry on percussion, since I basically redid all of the songs in one evening in his home studio.

I'm picking up a bunch of copies for myself this weekend at my church. This CD will also receive Canada-wide distribution, which is really cool. The CD will be available soon in Christian book and music stores all over the place, including the two Upper Room Bookstore locations here in London. Apparently it will also be available on iTunes, though it's not there yet.

I would gladly buy a copy for my friends and co-workers but at $20.00 for each one, that's not really an option. So if you would like to get a copy then ask me to pick one up for you and pay me back later, or go to the Upper Room and buy it there. All profits (if there are any) go to the church so I'm not making anything off of this. My only reward is a free CD and seeing my name in the credits of the liner notes for each song. Pride in a job well done and the glory goes to my God and my Saviour.

Acknowledgements:
Thanks to my brother, who is the main reason that I play percussion in the first place. Without his talent as my inspiration and the drums that he brought from around the world, I would never have learned how to play. Thanks to Ma, who innately taught me a love for singing. Thanks to GTA for the chance to record this CD and, more importantly, the chance to minister to people and to God with worship music. Most importantly, thanks to my saviour Jesus for His love and forgiveness, for the passion and gifts that I have for worship ministry and for being a real friend to me.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Grab me one, I'll pay you back Monday.

Jamie A. Grant said...

One for Lori, one for Andrea. Anyone else want me to pick one up for them this coming weekend?

Tara White said...

yeah i'll get one after. won't be there working at the western fair pick me one up thanks tara