Monday, September 4, 2006

We're Not Co-Workers, We're Co-People

Trevor Speirs was a consultant that worked with my company for a few months, helping us re-organize our staff departments and internal processes. I previously wrote about his positive influence on me here. He's moved on to something else now but at least I can stay updated with his blog, which is now part of my blog links.

Speaking of blog links, I've updated my links on the right there to group the more frequently updated ones together. I have also added my co-worker Scott's blog. Do any of my other co-workers have blogs that I need to know about? And speaking of former co-workers, here's a shout out to Lorrie E. It's interesting to hear about the people that visit my blog without me knowing. Heh.

In recent news, congratulations to Joel and his new gf. If you want more details, you'll have to ask him about the new girl in his life.

Welcome back, Mike. He just returned this past Monday after working for a year as an English teacher in South Korea. I went to see The Wicker Man with him this past Friday and I got a chance to catch up on his experiences this past year. Good to have him back.

As for the movie, it wasn't all that good. I despise thrillers and scary movies but I went to see this one just to hang out with Mike. Fortunately for me, it wasn't scary at all. Unfortunately for anyone else that watches this movie, it wasn't scary at all. I blame the director for some of his poor choices in thematic devices that denied any possible tension that could have been built.

Speaking of movies, I also caught Invincible with my sister on Saturday evening and then Crank on Sunday evening with my brother. I don't recommend the latter to anyone. Besides the poor content, it also had very few good action stunts and it was just a psychadelic movie with all kinds of insane situations thrown in. Invincible, on the other hand, was fantastic. Great period piece with an interesting set of characters and the true story aspect was exactly what you expected. I recommend this movie to anyone. And my sister enjoyed it as well, despite being only a minor sports fan.

And yes, that does make three movies in three straight evenings. I would have made it four in a row later this evening but Idiocracy isn't playing in London. I didn't have anything planned for this long weekend and I even skipped out on church since I wasn't scheduled to be on the worship team. A blank weekend to catch up on my reading and watch movies is perfect. Although, I did hit LaserQuest with my Little and the five new South Korean boys that have joined my house.

To finish off, I have a couple of recent pictures to share. This next one is from the bonfire that my parents hosted last weekend on August 27th. My Little and his family were also in this pic but I removed them for the sake of privacy. Don't Rhea and Alma look sweet?

This next pic is me playing a game of Scrabble with my distant cousin Chris. He's a relative from Quebec that was visiting my family for the month of August, partially in an effort to strengthen his English. I schooled him in Scrabble, in one game coming with four points of breaking the 400 point barrier. Heh. We played combination games of both French and English and the only game I lost to him was the first one that we did in French only. Unfortunately for me, my French vocabulary is not nearly as extensive as my English one. Scrabble is definitely my favourite board game.

2 comments:

Lori said...

What, you don't have any laundry to do? Bathtubs to scrub - floors to shine? While my husband is out golfing, why do I feel totally shafted?

Lori said...

Great idea on the blog links organization Jamie. It's been on my subconscious mind lately, what to do with all of these inactive (deadbeat) links? Will they ever post again? Who knows... Monkey see monkey do right?