Thursday, March 10, 2005

Three Changes (Part IV)

In January I first wrote about the three Bs that I wanted to accomplish: Big Brother, Budget and Basketball.

Big Brother has called most (if not all) of my character references now and talked about me with them for a while, between 5 minutes and half an hour each. I'm just waiting for them to contact me so that we can get the ball rolling.

February was the first month in which I had a budget. I'm proud to say that I stayed under my budget (generous as it was) and put a nice chunk of money into paying off my van. It was tough when I was in Florida because I was at the comic shop just aching to spend another fifty dollars (US) and I decided not to for the sake of my budget. Heh.

And finally, I managed to track down the city basketball program. I found a reference to it in The Spectrum on Page 21. It costs $41.00 for me since I live outside of town and I'll get to play men's basketball every Monday from 8:30 pm to 10:00 pm at Lucas. It starts in the first week of April and runs for three months. GTA (my church) is also preparing to organize their baseball teams again and I will be joining that as well. I wasn't able to join the baseball team last year because we were in the middle of moving to the new house but I look forward to it this year, even if I will be on the third-tier team.

Related: Part I, Part II & Part III

1 comment:

Elyse said...

I think Big Brothers is a really cool program/idea. Whoever came up with it was a pure genius. Lol. I think it's great that you're taking part of it too. :)