Sunday, February 6, 2005

Three Changes (Part III)

One of the three changes that I wanted to make was to create a budget for myself. This morning I finally sat down, compiled my numbers and figured out the plan. I don't think I've had an actual budget since I was delivering newspapers as a kid. I'm glad that I finally got that done, thanks to the fact that my dad has been pestering me about it for months now. Not that my finances were a horrible mess, but I certainly haven't saved as much as I should have and now I will.

One of the other things that I wanted to do was to apply to Big Brothers. I now have my police check done for them and apparently I'm not a convicted felon, which is nice. I have an appointment with Big Brothers at 1:00 pm this Monday, at which point they will interview me for up to two hours to see what kind of person I am. Sure, it's a little narcissistic to talk about myself for that amount of time but it's all for the sake of the children. (Wait, how much time have I spent writing this blog post...?)

The last thing on my list was to join a men's basketball program but I haven't had any success in finding one yet, though I have heard rumours that basketball leagues exist somewhere in town. I still need to get this one done.

Related: Part I & Part II

1 comment:

Aleah said...

I thorougly believe in budgets. It's worked for me so far, and I'll continue to do it until I'm richer than rich! (Just kidding). Good luck with everything!