Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Florida Fun

So what's this I hear? Apparently there was a gorgeous amount of snow that dropped down the day I left for Florida. Ah, 'tis indeed a pleasure to be here in 20 degree weather.

I spent the afternoon with my brother and dad playing golf. We were all fairly even for most of the game until I fell behind with one awful sequence on a later hole. My brother was score keeping for us and apparently I won with a surprise comeback. I say apparently because I was just reviewing the scorecard and my brother lost the 9 that I scored on one of those holes. D'oh! I wanted to brag about my win, but instead I'll have to make do with a picture taken with an alligator on our golf course.

The above picture was taken from this page on my parent's web site. I've heard that the camera adds ten pounds but that picture is ridiculous! Stupid wind.

My mom was poking some fun at me earlier today in the comments of this recent post. My mom wanted some evidence to back up her comments, so here you go...

See JAG Saw, Saw JAG See.


JAG's Comics

4 comments:

Aleah said...

Mmmmhhmmmmm....the wind...yeah, yeah that's it....

Anonymous said...

um yeah, okay...can't help but feel *someone* is the favourite in the family - what with your personal pic page and all on m&p's site... ~L ;-)

Jamie A. Grant said...

To clarify, that small 'log' in the first picture is the 'gator, to my right on the shore. I noticed it while it was still swimming and it had just started climbing onto the shore so I asked my dad to take a picture. It was going to come fully out of the water but my dad got impatient and loudly told me to get closer. The 'gator stopped when it heard my dad so it's not as good a picture as I would have liked.

Jamie A. Grant said...

Top Five Captions

5) I've heard that the camera adds ten pounds but that picture is ridiculous! Stupid wind.

4) Looks like somebody swallowed a heffalump.

3) Okay, I'll hit this golf ball over the 'gator, off the tree, smack the pin and then in.

2) Welcome to the Florida Outback. With my trusty golf club here I'll show you how easy it is to find out what this friendly little reptile had for dinner.

1) That 'gator swallowed my ball! Do I still have to play it as it lies?