Friday, December 1, 2006

Christmas Presentation


To make the official anouncement, everyone is invited to come to my church this Christmas season to see this year's Christmas presentation. The dramatic portion is narrated by the Little Drummer Boy and it centres around King Herod, the Wise Men and baby Jesus. And yes, Tara has a small role in this play. I've seen an early preview and it has some pretty funny bits. I mean, how often do you reference the Three Stooges at Christmas time?

We also have a full choir with music that comes in between scenes. I'm in the tenor section and I also have a solo during one of the climatic songs.

Here are the details. It runs on the evenings of December 9 - 11 and 16 - 18 for around an hour and a half. I recommend arriving about one hour early because every performance is usually full. Admission is free, natch.

2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Just wanted to stop by and say that I think you're doing a great job so far. Keep it up!

In my opinion, you landed the best solo in the entire production. "Majesty" just seems to fit your voice so well. I was sitting right next to you the last time I heard you sing it (Monday night), and I got chills.

Again....great job!

Anonymous said...

Majesty, is that the name of the song? Impressiveness in scale or proportion...

Jamie does have a big voice.