Sunday, June 10, 2007

A Handful Of Dandelions

"This was a revelation to me. When I made my mistakes for Father, He saw me with nothing but love. He knew I was just a little child that could only bring a handful of dandelions to Him. I had “matured” and could only see the foolish dandelions. But now I see what He saw: a beautiful bouquet of flowers." Taken 4 Granted

That's such a beautiful picture. It doesn't matter how silly or foolish or wrong we are as Christians. That doesn't change how our Father looks at us, with eyes of love. Even when we make mistakes, and even when we grow and become a little more wise about such things, it doesn't lessen the value of our childlike ways.

It's so comforting to know that our Father is simply waiting to kneel down and wrap his arms around us. He wants to thank us for these precious yellow flowers that we picked and encourage us. He will eventually teach us what we need to know but for now he sees our hearts and he knows how much we love him.

Photo Credit: Flickr

4 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Beautiful to think about isn't it? No matter what we do, or don't do, or when we say things we know full well we shouldn't....Father doesn't concern himself with those things, but rather, with the heart He created and placed in us, that wants nothing more than to be just like our daddy....

Lori said...

This reminds me of a funny story. I went to my aunts for a birthday party a few years back. I nearly fell to the floor laughing when I noticed a glass full of water and a bouquet of dandelions in it as the centerpiece on her living room table. Hello - weed control, LMAO!!!!!!!

solnechko said...

they are pretty if you think about it... and even when they turn white and fluffy.

solnechko said...

and you can eat their leaves... Lori, maybe the centrepiece was really a salad.