Sunday, April 3, 2005

Jason Upton

I drove to Oshawa two weeks with a few people for a worship concert with Jason Upton. He does a lot of passionate prophetic music, similar to the kind of worship that I like to do. It's the music style that I used to do in the after service times at Faith Congregational, my old church.

It was pretty good although I was expecting a little more. Some of the people that were with me were thrown off when he laid down a twenty minute sermon-type thing that didn't seem to be very focused. One person I was talking to afterwards explained that they're always a little wary when the 'angry young man' syndrome appears, which was an interesting comment.

I bought one of his earlier CDs, Faith, and I've had a great time with that CD for the past two weeks.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

since you're always harping on other people for incorrect html coding...your Jason Upton link is wrong...all wrong. hehe! ~L

Jamie A. Grant said...

My ever-so-sincere apologies, ma belle soeur. I looked at the original HTML code for that link and it was right but Blogger messed it up along the way. I usually test my links after publishing but I was in a bit of a rush with this post. Just shows you what happens when you cut corners while coding. :)

Aleah said...

Speaking of worship...my dad is drumming at New Hope for the next 3 Sundays! We're slowly taking over....muahahahahaha! Just kidding of course! I think it's cool though

Jamie A. Grant said...

Mmm...drumming. I currently get to play percussion at GTA once a month or so. So fun. Your dad is such a good drummer, Aleah.

Aleah said...

Oh really? I didn't know you played at GTA. That's cool!

And thanks for the compliment to my dad!