Thursday, April 28, 2005

Movies and Baseball

I assume that Star Wars lovers are already aware that the first official review of the upcoming Revenge of the Sith movie just hit the internet. Aint It Cool News has this article that links to the full review. It's full of spoilers and gushing fan praise about the dark violence and how this is the Star Wars movie everyone always wanted.

Every year George Lucas hosts a kind of training session for movie directors in an effort to get them to convert to digital filming. This year the guests included many famous faces, one of them being Kevin Smith, the guy that wrote this review. Kevin Smith is a fairly famous film maker and comic writer, though none of my family members knew who he was when I mentioned him.

In unrelated news, I joined the slow pitch baseball team at my church and we had an information session this past Tuesday. The baseball league is called the Samson League. Is that the same one that you guys are in? I assume that you're on the New Life team, Joel. Titus, what was the name of your church again? I think that I will be on the GTA C team.

Also, how much is it going to cost you guys to play? None of our announcements mentioned anything about a fee and I only heard about it during the information session this past week. Apparently it's going to cost me between $25 and $50 to play. In any case, I'm apparently on the third string team for my church so I can't offer any trash talk about beating you guys. It will be fun to play against you both, anyway.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

*ahem* pardon moi? I actually do know who Kevin Smith is. He's the guy from Jay and Silent Bob, is he not? (although I've never even seen that movie...) AND he was in Degrassi High (which I admit I've seen a once or twice...). AND he did that terrible Gigli movie, yes?
So there. ;-) ~L

Jamie A. Grant said...

I stand corrected, Laura Mai. Almost.

No, Kevin Smith did not do the Gigli movie, which you can verify with the link that I provided. That movie starred Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez.

Kevin Smith wrote and directed Jersey Girl, which starred Ben with a minor role for Jennifer. They both came out a few months apart, so that's where the confusion comes from. Jersey Girl had excellent reviews, though I never saw it because it's a chick flick.

Anonymous said...

Ah, I see. ~L

Mike said...

Let's also remember that Smith liked Ep 1, and thought Jar Jar was a positive.

Jamie A. Grant said...

I remember nothing. Now hush, you know that you expect great things this time.

Aleah said...

It's New Hope, not New Life.

Jamie A. Grant said...

Ah. Thank you, Aleah. I guess my question still stands for Joel and Titus, then.

Jamie A. Grant said...

Well then, what league are you in?