Saturday, April 30, 2005

My Calling

I was reviewing some of my old notebooks and journals this morning. I have some notes from a worship conference that LGT held for the choir in October 2000, when Heather Thirsk was leading the choir. We had a weekend convention at Circle 'R' Ranch. John Stevenson was the guest speaker for the weekend.

He had a teaching from Ezekiel 44. John said that it was a word from God to him, and I added a note to say that it was a word to me as well. "To the degree that you are willing to discipline your life, it's to that same degree that I will fulfill what I have shown you."

Ezekiel 44:11 "If we're not prepared as the 'priest' when we lead worship in church, God will refuse us leading others closer to Him."

"Act as if it's all up to you, pray as if it's all up to God." Tom Timmerman, Sunday Sermon, September 2001.

1 comment:

Jamie A. Grant said...

Sure, I know that your dad didn't come up with it but that's where I got my reference.