Sunday, June 5, 2005

Swimmin'

I got a nice sun burn over the weekend. Gorgeous weather with a constant cloud cover that made for some soothing UV radiation all over the place. I should really be careful about this stuff since I'm so likely to get skin cancer in my later years but for now I'm young and carefree.

On Saturday, I took my Little Brother out on the Thames River that runs behind my house. Along with John and Hyun and one of Hyun's friends, we were out there floating around for a good hour. I made a great anchor, ensuring that the river didn't sweep us away downstream into London. I posted a new picture on my photo website that my mom took.



The floating tube/trampoline contraption belongs to my brother and he's the one that usually plays with our two South Korean students in the river. I took a page out of his book while I was hanging out with my Little. My dad was commenting afterwards that it's a good example of what discipleship should look like. After all, it's very unlikely that I would be out there swimming at any other time, but I'm quite willing to do so for the sake of my Little.

"I have become all things to all men that by all possible means I might save some." 1 Corinthians 9:19-23 (Previous Blog)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"young and carefree"?? uh...no. please don't be foolish in the sun. i'll buy you a bulk sized tube o' sunscreen next time i'm home...~L