Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Tribute to Mitzy

Mitzy Grant
1992 - 2005

I found out this past weekend that our old dog, our cherished Mitzy girl was put to sleep on Wednesday June 15, 2005. She was twelve and a half years old and she was a Lhasa Apso breed (and part poodle). We received her as a gift from another church about a year after my dad started pastoring in Wawa. When my parents went to South Korea for three years, we sent Mitzy to live with my grandparents in Florida.

When she lived with us in Wawa, we used to have fun tossing her into the snow in our backyard. The snow was usually several feet deep and well over her head. She would jump up to get out of the snow and you could see her head pop up repeatedly until she finally managed to get to the sidewalk. Other times, we would place her near Puffy, our oldest cat (who is now 19 years old). Puffy would swat at her if she saw Mitzy nearby and Mitzy knew that, so it was always fun to see what we could get away with.

Mitzy enjoyed her retirement in Florida, away from the crazy cats and crazy teenagers. My grandparents spoiled her tremendously and she quickly became a cute little ball of hair. It was always fun to go down to Florida to visit her. She would start yipping excitedly as soon as you pulled into the drive way and wouldn't stop until several minutes after you arrived.

I've posted some pictures on my photo website as a tribute to Mitzy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If there are dogs in heaven, we shall surely see Mitzy girl there one day....assuming of course we get there ourselves!! Mitzy girl brought much joy to the Grant family and - during her last 4 years - did the same for her two senior keepers in Florida. For this she will be remembered fondly. See you later, Mitzy Girl.

Aleah said...

Aww I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. My deepest sympathies.

Amanda said...

I'm sorry to hear about Mitzy, she'll be missed for sure. I remember her as always being in the photos we took of the youth group. She was a wonderful dog.