Friday, October 22, 2004

Fall Classic

Game 7 of the Boston/New York series and Game 6 of the Houston/St. Louis series were both on Wednesday night. I had a horrible time on Wednesday night trying to keep track of the two games because I had cell group that night. The house I was in didn't have cable TV and none of the local radio stations were broadcasting the game. I loved the ending of the Boston/NewYork series. Biggest Comeback = Biggest Choke. Gotta love those Big Cs.

I'm not so pleased with Houston right now. With Clemens on the mount I predicated he would pitch into the seventh and that they would win game 7. Clemens let me down. Can the guy not win Game 7s?

I'm rooting for Boston to win the World Series against St. Louis but I don't think that they have the talent or the healthy bodies to pull it off. St. Louis in 6. (Jevant has his own prediction here.) I'm still confused by the fact that Schilling is scheduled to pitch again. His ankle was a patchwork as it was last time he pitched and he was bleeding by the time he was done! Granted, his last outing was one of the gutsiest+successful performances I've ever seen, right up there with Jordan scoring 38 during the NBA finals with stomach flu.

And finally, I'm having people over to my house to watch the opening of the World Series on Saturday. Anyone that wants to join us can come to my house after 7:00 pm that evening. Give me a call if you want to but feel free to just show up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

see you tonight jesse here