Wednesday, October 13, 2004

The End Is Near?

I had two recent posts that vaguely referred to the end times (hurricanes and ID Chips). I received a fair bit of mockery from both Christians and non-Christians. That was to be expected, of course, but I was a little surprised that some Christians were the ones that laughed the most.

Abe replied with a more general blog post about why he doesn't like eschatology and there were some interesting comments posted afterwards. Not everyone thinks it's weird to talk about the end times.

3 comments:

Abe said...

I wonder how the stuff Dan's talking about would compare to what you talk about?

Aleah said...

I don't think it's wrong to talk about it either. It's not like we're all freaking out and preparing for the end like a bunch of suckers buying duct tape. It's a reasonable discussion, so suck it up people.

Amanda said...

I think about the end times a lot. And what I've concluded is that to me it seems like a lot of the stuff in Revelations is coming true, but then again it's been said before. More importantly having the idea that the end of the world is upon us, forces me to ask the question "how should I really be living my life?". The answer: I'm already living that life, and I have no regrets, none at all, and I think I'm on the right path too.
Cheers,